cPanel is counted as the most reliable and easiest way to manage your web hosting account. It has many features and allows you to make changes from the user end. Websites which are hosted on the Linux servers will get cPanel which helps to add domains, scripts, databases and many more to the website and we will see, how to add an extra domain from cPanel to your existing website account.
1) Enable cPanel by yourdomainname/cpanel or use port yourdomainname:2082 or 2083 to get into cPanel.
2) Once you have logged in you will see different add-ons and Scripts added by your host to your account.
3) Now to add an extra domain lets use the Addon Domain feature to add another domain name to your account.
4) Scroll down to the section Domains and find Addon Domains and click the icon.You will see a few textboxes asking about creating a new domain. Before we enter any data please check if there any domain already added to the account at the end of the page. If you see a message ”No Addon Domains are configured” it means your account has no Addon domain. Lets create one.
5) Go back to the textboxes asking about details.
5.1 ) Enter the new domain name you want in New Domain name text box.
5.2 ) In Sub domain/FTP Username enter the directory name of your main domain account
where this new domain will be pointing. It should be your domain name without TLD and
in document root public_html/yourdomainname.com
5.3 ) Enter the password for your New domain. Click on Add-on Domain to add a new domain to
your account. Now the new domain has been created and its website files are uploaded to
5.4 ) A new FTP account has been created for this add-on domain and lets check the details.
6) Click Go back and click on the home top left. Go to Files and FTP accounts.
7) Scroll down and you will see the new FTP accounts that were automatically created for the new domain.
8) Now what if you want to delete the newly added domain? In that case you just have to again go to Addon domains and select the domain and delete it. This will also delete the FTP account that was set up for it.
This is the end of the tutorial now you know how to set up add-on domains in your cPanel account.